Before you start looking for a house, it's essential to determine your affordability:
- You can begin by calculating your monthly income and other sources of income.
- After that, you should calculate your monthly expenses, which include bills, debts, food, utilities, and additional costs.
- You can use an online affordability calculator to help you determine how much you can afford based on various factors like income and expenses.
- Additionally, getting pre-approved for a mortgage is a good idea as it will give you a better understanding of how much you can afford based on your credit score and other factors. Your down payment is another essential factor to consider. It can reduce monthly payments and avoid extra costs like private mortgage insurance (PMI).
- Lastly, considering future expenses, such as home repairs or upgrades, is necessary before finalizing your budget.